Diabetes Statics | De Diabetes India

Time To Think Over Increasing Diabetes Figures

De Diabetes India is started with the vision of spreading awareness about Diabetes to stop India being the capital of Diabetes. Diabetes has actually become a common problem in India, nearly out of every 4 people in India every 4th people is a Diabetic and the future says that soon we would be heading towards a mega-catastrophe that as high epidemic of Diabetes and once we end up with this epidemic we are going to face very big challenge so it will not be only an issue that is related to just treating people but it will also become a social issue as well. So De Diabetes India is an essential factor to reduce the risk of diabetes in the nearby future. So share this concept with your near and dear one and spread maximum awareness about Diabetes and De Diabetes India.

Diabetes is a severe disorder, where blood sugar level gets high and chances of getting body organs damage also increase. This disease is spreading at light speed across the world.

Diabetes Statics

Key Facts:

  • India is the country with the highest number of diabetes patients. No exact statistical data is found as the number is continuously increasing.
  • 72 million cases of diabetes have been recorded in the year 2017 in India only. Undoubtedly this figure will get nearly double by the year 2025.
  • 49% of the world’s diabetes population resides in India and the rest 51% includes the rest of the world. This represents that the company is facing a serious public health challenge. Government is attempting to offer free health insurance to people suffering from such diseases.
  • If this rate will continue, we can soon review a scenario where 1 out every 3 people will be suffering from either type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes.
  • The diabetes prevalence is rising rapidly in the low to medium developed countries.

Amount of Deaths:

  • With 53 deaths in every 1,00,000 in India, Tamil Nadu comes on the first position followed by Punjab(44 deaths) and Karnataka (42 deaths). The death rate average of the nation is 23, which is quite higher for this disease.
  • A study also says that about 35% to 40% of people with diabetes who have died due to the disease have not reported anywhere; else the death rate would have been increased.
  • All the above-mentioned states are amongst India’ richest states. There are fewer chances of a person getting a cardiovascular disease like high blood pressure and cholesterol.

Cost of Diabetes:

  • Diabetes is a very expensive disease that costs approximately 27,400 per capita annually, in the entire country. By 2025, this number is expected to shoot up to 1.95 lakh crore overall expense of the country on this disease, which is even more than six times the health budget of 2018 (source: global consulting firm PwC)

The figures mentioned here are collected from several sources. With every update of the information of these sources, figures mentioned here will be updated. It will keep on increasing though medical science has been improved, it has failed in spreading the disease.